Frequently Asked Questions
Have Further Questions? Send Us A Question
A: Construction on the first building has begun; with our first townhomes ready for occupancy in late Fall 2019.
Q: Who is the developer and designer of Amber Grove Condominiums?
A: StreetSide Developments, Winnipeg's largest and longest-standing condominium developer, is the driving force behind this development. StreetSide is also a Qualico company (Western Canada's largest real estate developer), which has a legacy of over 60 years of delivering quality residences to Canadians.
A: If you are not yet ready to write a formal Offer to Purchase, you can place a temporary, short-term reservation on the condominium townhome of your choice (subject to availability), by meeting with our sales representatives and completing a Reservation Form together with a refundable deposit of $5,000. This deposit may then be directly applied to the Offer to Purchase, along with the remainder of the required deposit. The balance of your purchase price will be due just prior to occupancy. Please note that during our launch, appointments to make reserves will be made on a first-come, first-serve basis as per our priority registration list and those registrants will be contacted by our sales team.
Q: What are the advantages of selecting my townhome early, and are Amber Grove Condominiums purchase prices going to increase after construction is complete?
A. There are many advantages to selecting your condominium home early. For example, you may want to obtain a particular exposure and location within the development itself. It is also easier to customize and select materials and products when you are involved with the project at an early stage, depending on where it is within the production cycle. Perhaps most importantly, you will be purchasing your Amber Grove home at the lowest possible price. Amber Grove’s pricing will increase early in the construction period and continue to do so as various phases are completed.
Q: Is the GST included in the purchase price?
A: Yes. The net GST is included in the stated Purchase Price. The Purchase Price includes 5% GST net of the GST New Housing Rebate allowable. The Purchaser assigns the GST New Housing Rebate to the Vendor at time of closing. To be eligible for the GST Rebate, the Purchaser, or a member of the Purchaser's immediate family, will on closing occupy the unit as his/her primary place of residence.
Q: What are my real estate taxes likely to cost at Amber Grove Condominiums?
A: Property taxes are to be set by the City of Winnipeg which does not confirm amounts until a later time. These taxes will be dependent on the size and purchase price of the unit.
Q: When will your model townhome be ready?
A: The model townhome will be ready by September 2019.
Q: Who will be selling this project, and how can I contact them?
A: Anita Sharma Turner (RE/MAX Associates) and team. You can contact Anita at email@example.com or (204) 997-5337.
Q: What are the advantages of a Townhome Condominium and how does condominium ownership work?
A: A condominium is a legal form of shared ownership, where the owner holds title to the individual townhome and a shared interest in the building and grounds’ common elements. A condominium allows for the financial benefits of ownership while leaving the chores of property upkeep and maintenance to our professional property managers. Residents will purchase their condominium homes outright, and pay a monthly "condo fee" to fund all shared common area expenses.
Q: What are the Common Element Fees at Amber Grove Condominiums and what is included in the common element charge?
A: Common element fees will be in the range of $185 - $223 per month and will include water, snow clearing, yard maintenance, groundskeeping & landscaping, common area lighting, building insurance (owners require separate insurance for condominium contents and betterments), service contracts and professional management. Owners are responsible for hydro, telephone, Internet, cable TV, contents insurance and realty taxes.
Q: As a townhome owner will I have any part to play in the ongoing operation and management of Amber Grove Condominiums?
A: The project will be professionally managed by a property manager engaged by the Developers and later by the Condominium Corporation Board of Directors. As a townhome owner in the development, you have voting rights in your condominium corporation. An annual general meeting of all owners will be conducted to review the business of the corporation. You may participate in the management of the corporation to a greater extent if you wish to stand for election to the Condominium Corporation's Board of Directors.
Q: Can I purchase a townhome at Amber Grove Condominiums and rent it until I am ready to occupy myself?
A: You may rent your townhome provided all rules and regulations of the Corporation contained in the condominium documents are complied with.
Q: How many buildings, units and floors will Amber Grove have?
A: Amber Grove Condominiums is made up of 14 buildings with a total of 117 individual units. The development consists of the following townhomes:
- 39 Aspen Models: Three-storey 3 Bed/2.5 Bath home with attached garage (no basement)
- 12 Bayberry Models: Bungalow-style 2 Bed/2 Bath home with basement & attached garage
- 32 Birch Models: Two-storey 3 Bed/2.5 Bath with basement & attached garage
- 6 Chestnut Models: Two-storey 1 Bed/1.5 Bath home with basement & exterior parking
- 16 Currant Models: Two-storey 2 Bed/ 1.5 Bath home with basement & exterior parking
- 12 Cypress Models: Two-storey 2 Bed/ 1.5 Bath home with basement & exterior parking
Q: What type of insurance will I require for my new condominium home at Amber Grove Condominiums?
A: The Condominium Corporation will provide insurance for the overall building. Owners will require separate condominium-unit owners’ insurance on their contents and on any options or upgrades. The Condominium Declaration provides further information.
Q: Is parking available? How many parking stalls are included with my purchase at Amber Grove Condominiums and are extra stalls available?
A: All townhomes include either a private garage, or one single outdoor electrified parking stall. Also, some "Exclusive Use" outdoor parking spaces are available. These extra spots are dependent on availability and costs will be provided by our sales agents.
Q: Is there designated visitor parking at Amber Grove Condominiums?
A: There are 10 outdoor parking stalls designated for visitors and handicap.
- Custom designed Contempra melamine cabinets
- Laminate counter tops with contemporary edge profile in decorative colours
- Double-basin under mount stainless steel sink
- Deluxe single-lever pulldown faucet
- Exterior vented range hood
- Contempra melamine vanity cabinets
- Laminate countertops with contemporary edge profile in decorative colours
- White 6 liter flush toilets w/lined tanks
- Drop-in type white square sink
- Chrome sink faucets and matching tub/shower controls
- Centrally ventilated to exterior
- One-piece 5’ tub / shower in all baths
- One-piece 5’ shower in selected floor plan
- Standard drain and taps for washer- location as per plan
- Exterior dryer vent and dryer outlet- location as per plan
- Engineered floor (I-joist) system
- Premium grade 3/4” tongue and groove sub floor; glued and screwed down
- 3/8” high density board under vinyl flooring
Floor Covering Features
- Carpet with 7lb foam underpad – location as per plan
- Luxury vinyl plank flooring – location as per plan
- Painted white trim including all baseboards and casings
- Five-panel, smooth style passage doors
- Black passage & privacy door levers
- Privacy lock to master bedroom and all bathrooms
- Chrome bath hardware
- Weiser SmartKey deadbolt for security onmain floor entry doors
- Interior walls painted with primer coat and one finish coat in standard builder colour
- Flat-latex painted ceiling throughout all living areas
- 9 and 8 foot floor to ceiling heights with dropped bulkheads depending on townhome model
- Wire shelving in closets
- Demising walls are constructed of double stud wall with 1” air space between, two layers of gypboard sheathing and a layer of insulation (estimated STC rating of 66)
- R20 fiberglass insulation on exterior walls
- R50 loose fill attic insulation
- Caulking applied on top and bottom plates to minimize heat loss and air infiltration
- Electrical pans to minimize draft at electrical outlets through exterior walls
- Insulation stops at cantilevered trusses and minimum 12’ heel height where required to accept R50 insulation
- Decora light switches and plugs throughout
- Individual suite electrical metering
- Cable ready for BellMTS & Shaw.Telephone, internet & cable TV outlets, 1 in living room and 1 each bedroom
- Pre-wired for future alarm system
- Hard wired smoke and carbon monoxide detectors
- 220 volt service for stove & dryer
- 60 gallon electric hot water tank
- Shut off valve for all interior taps
- Exterior hose bib at the back of each unit with backyard; 2 on each of the building with back to back units
- Electric furnace
- Programmable Thermostat
- Central exhaust system with automatic controls
- Heat Recovery Ventilation System
- Power vacuum all ducts prior to possession
- Designer Lighting package (as per plan)
- Insulated Overhead Garage Door for selected units.Opener and remote controllers not included.
- Vinyl siding, stucco and cement board trims
- Pre-finished aluminum fascia, soffits, eavestrough and downspouts
- 20 year manufacturer’s warranty against peeling and flaking on pre-finished aluminum
- Dual-pane, low-e, with Argon gas PVC windows with manufacturer’s limited warranty on seal and hardware
- 2nd floor balcony on selected units with duradeck membrane and black metal picket railing
- Engineered reinforced concrete foundation wall and reinforced concrete grade beam on concrete pile depending on the type of townhome unit
Basement floor, main floor foyer and garage floor are concrete slab on grade and are subject to movement depending on soil conditions. The builder cannot warrant against variation in floor level or cracking that might occur.
- Exterior walls 2” x 6” wood stud framing
- 7/16” oriented strand board sheathing (OSB)
- Special attention to seal top and bottom plate to minimize heat loss
- All demising walls between living areas double 2x4 stud walls, sound batt insulation and double layer of type x 5/8” drywall both sides.
- Garage demising walls double 2x4 stud walls, sound batt insulation and single layer of type x 5/8” drywall both sides.
- Engineered roof trusses, 24” o.c.
- 7/16 oriented strand board (OSB) sheathing with H clips for stability
- Laminated Shingles
Services & Utilities
- Location of all underground electrical lines, surface transformers and other electrical equipment determined by Manitoba Hydro engineering department.
- Professionally designed land drainage plan & site services system
Site Grading & Landscaping
- Yard, common green space areas to be rough graded as weather permits according to grades set by the Engineer
- Landscaping and common area development as per construction schedule and as weather permits
Concrete walls, parking pads and sidewalks are affected by unpredictable ground movement which is an inherent characteristic of local clay soil. The Builder therefore cannot warranty these items for cracks and shifting. Exterior building finishes and landscaping will be completed as weather and construction schedule permits. Due to ongoing research and analysis, plans, specifications, materials and elevations are subject to change at the Builder’s discretion. The builder also reserves the right to make substitutions in the event of shortages in supply of materials. Substitutions will be of equal or better quality and meet the requirements of the National Building Code.
NOTE: All bolded items with the specifications have optional upgrades. Please see your sales consultant for available options. Any options not included in these lists are subject to a $250 administration fee.
Q: What rules and regulations should I know about with respect to Amber Grove Condominiums?
A: The rules and regulations will be described in detail in the condominium declaration and by-laws. These documents, typical to all condominium projects, describe in detail the rules regulating the use of the units, common elements, improvements, etc.
Q: How will I dispose of my garbage and recycling at Amber Grove Condominiums?
A: When construction is complete, there will be 1 enclosure for garbage and recycling bins for the townhomes without attached garage. Townhomes with attached garage will have rollies for garbage & recycling. In the interim, StreetSide will provide 1 garbage bin and 1 recycling bin on the site.
Q: Where is mail collected?
A: There will be a central location for community mailbox.
Q: Are pets allowed at Amber Grove Condominiums?
A: Yes, the project by-laws and declaration will describe the rules in detail.
Q: What type of construction is used for Amber Grove Condominiums?
A: The foundation is concrete piles supporting steel reinforced concrete walls and grade beams. Basement floors are concrete slab on grade. The upper structure is wood-framed with engineered floor and roof system. Each townhome is separated by a double wall system, made of two layers of insulation and multiple layers of fire-resistant drywall which creates a superior fire- and sound-rated separation between units.
Q: What is the heating/cooling system used for the townhomes?
A: For heating, each Amber Grove Condominiums is provided with electric furnace and for cooling A/C is available as an upgrade. This system coupled with the HRV provides superior level of air quality as well as offering comfort and convenience to the homeowner.
Q: What security measures will be incorporated at Amber Grove Condominiums?
A: Each townhome has an illuminated entrance and entry doors are supplied with deadbolt locks. All units are pre-wired for a security system – owners are responsible for the purchase and installation of an individual security system of their choosing.
Q: What is the common wall construction between condominium townhome units?
A: Common demising walls between condominiums are constructed using a double-wall technique, where two rows of studs of a conventionally-framed wall are separated by an air space. These walls are filled with sound insulation 'batts' and are finished with a double layer of drywall on both sides. This is a proven wall system with an above-average performance rating in regards to fire protection and reduction of sound transmission.
Q: What materials and features will the exterior of the building have?
A: The homes will feature large windows on the front and rear, and include a variation of dark & neutral vinyl siding, dark metal clad fascia, soffit and downspouts. Front elevations feature composite trim, stucco, and wood or concrete landing with or without picket railing/privacy panel.
Q: I am concerned about the chance of a fire at the building. How has this been addressed?
A: Although the event of fire is rare, this danger has been extensively considered at Amber Grove. To stop the rapid spread of fire, the demising wall between units has a fire resistance rating of 1.5 hours. This type of protective wall also extends into the attic space above, protecting the roof area of the building and defending against the spread of fire from an adjoining unit. All units are also equipped with hard-wired smoke detectors and private entrances to the outside. This allows direct access to and from the townhome in the case of an emergency.
Q: Is air conditioning standard at Amber Grove?
A: Air-conditioning is available as an upgrade.
Q: Will there be an opportunity to build a deck and/or put up a fence at Amber Grove Condominiums?
Q: What will the roadway construction be?
A: The roadway and parking areas within the Amber Grove Condominiums development will be asphalt.
Q: What type of roof will the buildings have?
A: Amber Grove Condominiums have an engineered wood truss roof, OSB decking and high quality laminate shingles.
Q: What kind of windows and doors will be installed?
A: All doors and windows at Amber Grove Condominiums are dual-pane, low-e, with argon for maximum energy efficiency.
Q: Can I customize my new townhome at Amber Grove Condominiums? What options are available if so, and how can I find out what upgrades might fit my budget?
A: If you select your new home early in construction commencement, you may customize certain aspects of the design and planning. The location of kitchens, bathrooms and main walls, etc. cannot be modified, but early purchasers can select from our menu of optional interior finishings to create their own personal look and lifestyle. Optional upgrades include: custom flooring, kitchen cabinets, countertops, a wide spectrum of interior paint colours and appliances. Once you purchase your new condominium, you will then have the opportunity to visit our new state-of-the-art, 3,500-square-foot Design Centre to meet with our design consultant and make your interior upgrade selections.
Q: Can I choose the paint colours for my townhome?
A: The standard paint colour for the interior of Amber Grove is ‘Wentworth White.' If unit selection is made early in the construction phase you will have the opportunity to meet with our interior designer to discuss a wide choice of interior finishes.
Q: Can I select the type of flooring I want?
A: Many flooring upgrades are available if you purchase a townhome that does not have the selections chosen.
Q: Can I choose the type of kitchen cabinets for my townhome?
A: Flat panel Contempra cabinets are available in a variety of colours at Amber Grove Condominiums. Owners may choose from a range of optional or upgrade cabinet styles. Please speak to our sales team about scheduling a visit to our Design Centre, where an extensive range of cabinets, counters, tile and flooring are displayed.
Q: Do kitchen appliances come with my purchase at Amber Grove Condominiums?
A: No, a kitchen appliance package can be added as an upgrade, which includes full-size fridge, self-cleaning range, built-in dishwasher and over the range (OTR) microwave is included in the purchase price. A clothes washer and dryer set is also available as an upgrade.